The Talented
read the comic, talk the talk

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Monday Meeting April 20

Apologies for the delay on the monday meeting. Last week we tried to get something together but technical difficulties kept getting in the way.

Apologies aside, here is our monday meeting for this week

Sabir
: Hello and welcome to our Monday Meeting
I am Sabir Pirzada, co-writer of The Talented
and with me, as always is Omar Najam
also co-writer of The Talented
How are you, Omar?

Omar
: I'm doing quite well, how about yourself, Sabir?

Sabir
: A little busier than I'd like, but otherwise pretty well
So what happened to the Monday Meeting last week?

Omar
: I was sick as shit
last weekend I was at Fracas, an improvisation conference
6 hours of work shop and then 6 hours of improv takes a toll and a half on ya

Sabir
: whoa
well, at least your improv skills improved
And you're all better now?

Omar
: oh I'm feeling back to usual and I met some nice folk, Oscar from the Office and Junior from Reno 911
so everyone wins

Sabir
: Oh, that must have been fun
So, anyway, on to The Talented
We're on chapter...7 now?

Omar: yes, I believe so

Sabir: Is there anything you want to bring the readers' attention to, either in chapter 6 or chapter 7?

Omar
: well these chapters are fun because we've built up so much background and story pace up until these chapters
its the demon fight of the end of an episode of Buffy
you just need those twists and kicks to punch up the story
and our last page of this chapter
page 38
if you look at it alone its great post modern stuff, man
your views on these two chapters?

Sabir
: I like these two chapters in particular because the pace quickens here
and we finally get to the action, which is really beautifully drawn
This is where, after introducing the characters individually, we get to see them all interacting together, and the results are explosive

Omar
: haha oh...explosive
literally
a building explodes

Sabir
: Yeah
I love that page

Omar
: parents, don't leave your grenade belts just sitting around

Sabir
: Is there anything you want to say about chapter 8, coming up in just a few days?

Omar
: haha uh yeah
its the end of our issue
and you see where Patrick's diary is going
it might surprise you
it gives you a few answers and leaves you with a few questions
just like LOST
how about you, Sabir?

Sabir: I think you about covered it. I would just add that things are put in their places for the rest of the story, and it only gets better from here

Omar
: it has a similar structure to the first issue of Heroes if I'm not mistaken
where you meet the characters and these short stories

Sabir
: First episode, you mean?

Omar
: and then bam! New York is all crazy and some crazy guys are fighting some really moral guys
except we have no New York
haha total random thought

Sabir
: haha

Omar
: ignore it, it's not first season of Heroes

Sabir
: Let's just hope we can maintain our level of quality storytelling, unlike some writers...

Omar
: haha you're so sore about Rebirth

Sabir
: Well, the art was good...

Omar
: speaking of rebirth, I was listening to Sonique just now
I had totally forgot how bomb-ass her song is

Sabir
: I don't believe I've heard it

Omar
: "It Feels So Good"?

Sabir
: I shall youtube it soon

Omar
: oh its fantastic stuff

Sabir
: To finish up here, what's next on your reading list, Omar?
or, more accurately, reading pile

Omar
: as of right now I'm reading Anansi Boys
by Neil the homerun king Gaiman
and I'm loving it because I actually studied creole folktale last quarter so
jackpot

Sabir
: Nice

Omar
: and in terms of comics, I have to wait till I get back to my dealer at home
but I'm trying my best to catch up with Angel: After the Fall
oh and I am waiting with bated breath for this week's Dollhouse
this last week without an episode was hell
how about you, Sabir?

Sabir
: On my reading pile, I hope to be able to read "The Escapists" soon
as a follow-up to "The amazing adventures of Kavalier and Clay"
and then, hopefully, get started on Y: The Last Man

Omar
: oh that's a classic. I'm almost legally addicted to that run


Sabir:
As far as TV goes, I've just started watching Eastbound and Down, which is hilarious so far

Omar
: I've heard good things

Sabir
: It's really the story of my life
you would like it

Omar
: does it have Friday prayer in it?

Sabir
: not yet, but I've only seen 2 episodes

Omar
: pick it up, episode 3!
dont let us down

Sabir
: Well, I think that's enough rambling for one week
any last thoughts?

Omar
: if you like these ramblings be on the look out starting next week for Conversations with Anon
it's a new blog project I'm working on
other than that, I hope everyone had a wonderful 4.20
sabir?

Sabir
: Umm... Buy Kick-Ass #6 in your Local Comic Store this wednesday
That's all I got
Take Care, everyone

Omar
: Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment